Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend Review

Have you ever spent a weekend with 27 ladies making quilts together? That's what I did last weekend. Wow! What fun! Of course, we did other things too. Shopping, talking, walking, playing in the sand, shopping, talking.....did I mention shopping?
My favorite is this little quilt with the pinwheel. The pinwheels are prairie points that stand up from the quilt.






I really like the little taggies. I know they have been around a long time, but they are fun to make from little scraps of soft or slick fabric, and little bits of ribbon. This one has ribbon loops and satin prairie points. There was a baby there this weekend. Abby tested and approved everything.

We were able to make 21 quilts and a pile of burp cloths and several taggies.

It was a great way to spend a weekend, helping new mothers, and deepening friendships.

No comments: