The Violets are abundant this year. They are small, almost hidden in the growing grass. They are not as splashy as the daffodils and some other spring flowers. They have a delicate sweet smell and taste. Now is the time to harvest the blossoms to keep their sweet goodness all year long. Here are some ideas on how to use them.
- They are beautiful pressed. Use them on cards or stationary.
- They are edible. They can be used in salads, or sugar them and use them on cakes.
- Violets are good for your heart, they are calming for stress, supporting the nervous system. Add them to your tea.
- They can be made into a syrup for respiratory problems.
- Add them to salts for your bath for skin conditions.
- Infuse them into vodka to use as a mixer.