Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Finished Embroidered Bag

Another project finished! This one was really fun....again. Because most of my projects are fun. This did not take very long.
I enjoy embroidery. I can relax or think, whichever needs to be done, while keeping my hands busy. Lately, I have been using mostly pearled cotton instead of floss. I really like the depth and texture that the pearled cotton gives. This bag is from the same book that I've told you about several times.
Worked mostly in chain stitch, in a delightful folk art pattern. Lined in floral cotton, and finished with a vintage fabric button and loop. The long narrow strap allows the bag to rest nicely against my hip, when slung over my shoulder.
To top off the fun, I was able to teach my cousin some embroidery stitches over the weekend, to pass on the craft. It is satisfying to pass the knowledge and skills on. Then watch and see how the craft grows and changes. Tell me some of the skills you have been able to pass on.

Blesssings,
Debbie

3 comments:

Krista said...

So cute! I love it - it embodies your style. I haven't passed on any craft techniques, mostly because for so long I've just benefited from the skills you've passed on to me! Although I am interested in learning more embroidery skills. I'd like to embroider a lampshade, and down the road I'm interested in learning Suzani techniques.

tincanlily said...

That is a work of art! You did a great job! I love the shape of the bag and the colors are perfect!
denise

Debbie said...

Thank you for your comments Krista and Denice. The bag was fun. What are Suzani techniques? Something new to look for.
Debbie