Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Being mindful

Where did January go???? I seem to have done this a lot this past year. Family things come up. Then......things get soooo busy that I lose touch. SO I WILL DO BETTER THIS YEAR!!!! Well, starting this month. Let me explain, I have eight children and I sew formal wear as a home based business. When the kids are around I'm completely involved with them, or keeping up with the business. Things are changing. Actually, they have been changing for several years. The house is getting empty, my youngest has one more year in high school. I'm wanting to be in touch with creative people. I've always had a very busy household, kids in and out, here and there. Even though I'm a more quiet type, I love to get with people and be creative. While the kids were at home something creative was always going on. Now I need to reach out to find some of that energy. I'm sure there are many of you who know just what I'm talking about.
Anyway, just as I'm getting into the swing of this electronic reaching out, someone comes home for a visit. Everything gets crazy and fun. Yet, in all that goes on I need to remember to keep reaching out to new friends. To remember that although I will always be very involved in my children's lives, my life will take on a different look, and things will shift. So, this year with a daughter getting married in two months, me making the wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses, and a new grandchild due later this year, kids coming home for a visit from their travels, I want to have room in my life for new friends. I need to use this calendar and write in times to grow with you and explore your creative endeavors. To move into a new part of life. You are delightful people, and I love reading about what you are doing. The joy and energy you generate is amazing. So I'm pledging now to get back to sitting with my cup of tea and chatting, and catching up on all that you have been doing.
Oh - the calendars........I made a new one for this year. I'll show you the pages months by month.
Blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

tincanlily said...

You have a lot going on in your life. But it sounds like you are in control, well most of the time I'm sure! I am looking forward to more posts from you. Here is to a more creative year!
denise