Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Jingle Bell Tassels

I enjoy a few tassels around. Most tassels are a little fancy. I made some last year using old glass door knobs for the top.

A few look good juxtaposed against my more primitive decor. Last night I was hanging some jingle bell garlands that I made, and had an idea for a bell tassel using a few left over bells.

First I cut a fringe from a scrap of black wool and some homespun cotton.

I tied the bells with some knit cord, and stained the candle cup.

I threaded a loop of cord through the hole in the bottom of the candle cup for hanging. Then placed the grouped end of cording on the fabric and rolled. After placing a generous amount of hot glue in the candle cup I shoved the rolled end in and waited.......How will this look????? while the glue cooled and dried.

Finished! A Primitive jungle bell tassel.


I hope you are enjoying yourself in the hurry of the season. Much of the time we rush about, as I have been doing, and neglect to ponder or appreciate the meaning of this season. Is it a duty? What family and friends expect? I want to be joyful and share the love that God has shown me (even during some hard times) with those I love and others I cross paths with day by day and on occasion. May you experience peace this day.

Debbie

2 comments:

Paula said...

That is so cute, Debbie! I LOVE anything prim...
I started trying to "simplify" our Christmas a couple of years ago- and I found out you really can sit back, relax and enjoy the true meaning so much more when you're not frazzled and stressed out.
You're so right- it really is all about HIM...
((Hugs))

tincanlily said...

Thanks for the directions, I love the primitive jingle bell tassel. I know what you mean about show and tell. I have a few things I would like to share but they are gifts! I hope you can share a few of your gifts after Christmas!
denise