Thursday, August 21, 2008

This, That, and the Other...

THIS is what happened. My computer was sick. Very sick. It came on very suddenly. I took it to a geeky hospital. More than detox was needed. My computer sustained several transplants and was in the hospital for over two weeks.

Now, I thought, I can get back on track. Then...THAT happened. My camera froze. The lens came out and stayed, the power turned off, and that was that. So.... the camera was sent to camera hospital. That took over two weeks to ........ well whatever happened at the camera hospital. I was sooo excited when this package came!!!
So to let you know a little of what has been happening.

Early in July, we took a trip to the Seattle area.

I love the ferries.


I found some lace treasures.

Two are pillow case edges, and one is to adorn the back of a chair. The chair back lace I'll use as intended. The pillow edging,.....mmmm....I don't want to cut them.......mmmm...any ideas?

The raspberries ripened.

They are so luscious! Now they are all harvested and in and in the freezer, ready to use for a taste of summer in the winter.

I harvested the lavender. It is hanging to dry in the dining room. It's dry enough now to take the buds off. I'll use the buds in sachets, potpourris, skin products, and in cooking. The stems I'll save and bundle them. some bundles will be used for smugging, some for fire starters, and some I'll cut very finely , put them into bags for the dryer.

Of course, it's hot, so I needed a new top.
For a pattern, I used Simplicity 3790. I wanted to add a little design, so I embroidered the yoke. I drew, freehand, on the yoke, then started stitching.
As I stitched, I kind of ignored my drawing and free stitched. This is what came out in the end.
I like it. It's very comfy and cool to wear.
Lots of OTHER things have happened, but life is waiting. More later.

4 comments:

tincanlily said...

So glad to see that you commented today on my blog!!! I was concerned...glad everything is up and running! I have never been on a ferry...someday I will take a ferry to Block Island right off the RI coast. Raspberries are so yummy! I love your shirt. I use to do embroidery. Maybe I will again this winter!
Glad you are back.
denise

Paula said...

Oh I'm so glad you're back, Debbie! I'm sorry you had computer problems, but I'm happy you're okay!!
My, what beautiful lace treasures...
I'm so glad you wrote about your lavender- I have some too and was wondering when to take the buds off.
And you're stitching is wonderful!!!

A Romantic Porch said...

Wow! You've been busy. The raspberries look yummy. I'm hoping I can find some affordable fresh produce to freeze for winter too. Your blouse is so pretty. xorachel

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oh--what a bummer about all your tech troubles---ISHY!

I love that you hang your lavender to dry in your dining room and think that your shirt turned out darling!

Smiles, Karen