Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Bag

I go back and forth, small bag, large bag, small bag, large bag. It might be the seasons. I tend to carry more with me in the summer. With trying not to accept plastic bags when I get something at the store, I need more room or just another bag. I don't want to carry another bag unless I'm doing a large shopping. I just put whatever in my bag and go. Did you know some stores are not letting customers do this, you have to carry out whatever you purchase in their bag. So.... yesterday I made this bag, using upholstery remnants from my stash.
I fused stabilizer to the back of the outer and lining fabrics with heavy heat bond. This gave the bag a firm body, so it doesn't collapse into a fabric puddle, yet soft and flexible. It has three large pocket inside.
I used this pattern from Sweet Treasures. The pattern has three bag sizes and three cuff finishes. The instructions were simple and clear. I think I'll make another bag in a smaller size. I was fun to make and took about 1 1/2 hours to make, start to finish. What is your favorite bag to make?

1 comment:

tincanlily said...

Wow, I really like that bag. I have bought a few of the reuseable bags from the grocery stores. I keep forgetting to put them back in the car...I am trying hard to say no to plastic!
As far as a favorite bag, my favorite bag is usually the last one I made. I really like the placemat bag I made last summer. I haven't used it yet this year. I want to make a small bag to carry my camera in...maybe tomorrow. Then that will be my favorite bag!
denise